Astghi Blur fortress
The Astghi Blur fortress is located 2 km north-east of the village of Yenokavan, on a hill, occupying an area of 2 hectares. It is a rock, the western part of which is abruptly cut off. It is in this part that the Astghi Blur fortress is located, surrounded by built double and triple fortress walls. The fortress is connected to the Tala river by a two-kilometer underground path. The river destroyed the entrance to the tunnel. In 1865-1966, during excavations carried out by Stepan Yesayan, a senior researcher at the Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of the Academy of Sciences of the Armenian SSR, the temple of the fortress (monastery) was discovered. A clay model of the only, most interesting temple in the Transcaucasus and throughout the Middle East appeared here. During the excavation of the burial ground of the 9th-8th and 6th-5th centuries BC, bronze belts, iron weapons, knives, numerous clay vessels and a number of household items were discovered. A full-fledged belt made of bronze hardened sheet metal, which remained unharmed, is considered rare.
Write Your MessageYour Full NameYour E-mail Address