“Tavush Tourism Development Agency” NGO
“Tavush Tourism Development Agency” NGO was founded in 2013 in the framework of cooperation between Tavush region and Regen region of Germany.
“Tavush Tourism Development Agency” is a NGO implementing community-based bottom-up model of tourism destination management.
The mission of the organization is to promote Tavush tourism development toward its Technologization, Systematization, Reproduction, Education and Continuousness.
The principles of the organization are: legitimacy, non-discrimination, conscientiousness, membership voluntariness, commonality of members’ interests, self-management and accountability.
The aim of the organization is to promote sustainable tourism development in Tavush region.
The tasks of the organization are:
- Strengthening the tourism capacity of Tavush region
- Support to sustainable development of Tavush region
- Development of community-based tourism management in Tavush region
- Implementation of tourism development consulting services in Tavush region
- Increasing the international and domestic tourism image of Tavush region.
- Development of tourism culture of Tavush region.
- Creation and development of innovative ideas for tourism development in Tavush region.
- Implementation of tourism programs in Tavush region.
- Implementation of tourism research programs in Tavush region.
- Implementation of educational programs aimed at sustainable development of tourism in Tavush region.
- Creation and development of tourism infrastructures and types of tourism activities in Tavush region.
- Tavush region tourism technologization and its marketing through the use of state-of-the-art technologies aimed at transforming the region into an international, local, regional tourism destination.
The governing bodies of the Organization are the General Assembly, the Board and the Executive Body (the Executive Director).
The Board of the organization includes the Chairman of the NGO Board, the Governor of Tavush, the Head of the Department of Development, Tourism and Analysis of the Governor’s Office, the Community Heads of Founding Communities, the Director of YSU Ijevan Brench, the Tavush Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
Currently the Chairman of the NGO Board is Gor Aleksanyan
The Executive Director is Susanna Petrosyan